Thursday, April 20, 2017

Hey everyone! This week has been full of lots of walking, a few fun service activities, and lots of good lessons. 

Last Monday we found some super awesome investigators. After the first lesson Nataly told us that she thinks we are an answer to her prayers and that she really wants help to have a strong family and raise her kids right. We are both super excited to keep teaching her and her son! The only problem is that she isn't married so we can't put a baptismal date with her... (have I ever expressed my frustration that NOBODY gets married in Chile? It's the worst!!!) 

So remember Jaime? He is our investigator who wants to stop smoking before getting married and then baptized. He got a blessing a few weeks ago to help him with that and since then we have called im every day to see how he is doing. And a really cool thing started to happen. Jaime also suffers from some major back pain but ever since he's been trying to stop smoking it has started to go away. It's almost scary how exact it is, but every day he smokes it hurts him and every day he doesn't smoke it is completely fine. He basically said to us "yeah, I think God is trying to tell me something..." He is so great and making so much progress and CAME TO CHURCH this week!!! We are now going to try to work on him getting married so he can be baptized :)

For Easter this year I decided to study the entire week about Jesus Christ. So in my personal studies I looked up every scripture there is under the heading "Jesucristo" and I read The Living Christ and a few other talks about Him. It was a great experience and I was able to learn a lot and feel the spirit. Its amazing, every time I study about Christ I feel so grateful for what He did for me and I am able to realize how truly important it is to share this knowledge with other people. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and its for that that I am a missionary. It's hard work and a LOT of people reject you, but the joy of seeing just one person come to the truth and change their life is worth every single sacrifice. 

Hermaña Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment