Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hey folks sorry for not sending an email last week! I´m sorry I really don't have a good excuse... 

This week has been great. First off I´m going to tell you about a few funny contacts we´ve had. We always say we are missionaries de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días and they say "Oh wow how great to see new missionaries, the mormons are always passing through here!" haha uuuuuuuummmmm about that... 

Saturday we had an activity with the District of San Fernando and it was awesome. We created the Plan of Salvation with different rooms for all the steps and everything, and we then walked everyone through the plan. We had a family of investigators come and it was great! They have a little boy who has 5 years, and when we went to "spirit prison" he turned to his dad and said "Why are we in the carcel? Dad, we aren't robbers!" It was so cute. 

Anyways about this family: They are the Family Cancino and they are fantastic. They know the church is true but they are afraid to act on it. We had a super great lesson with them. We talked about the talk of Pres. Monson this conference about decisions and how we need to know where we want to go to make good decisions. Then we decided to set some goals with them. So my companion says to them in this lesson "So I was talking to my compañera this morning and we were talking about you guys and I said to her ¨lets invite the family Cancino to be Mormons." What do you guys think?" It was hilarious! But they said yes they want to be mormons so it totally worked hahaha. We just need to work out some problems with the word of wisdom with Sergio and they need to start attending church and we will be good to go!

On Wednesday we had divisions. Intercambios? Exchanges? I don't know what it's called in English, sorry. We switched companions for a day! Anyways some weird things went down and my house ended up with 4 gringas for the night. So we had gringa night! We sang the Star Spangled Banner. We said the Pledge of Allegiance (mom please help me with the spelling there). We ate peanut butter sandwiches and cereal with milk. We talked in English. It was fantastic. 

Anyways TODAY I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON IN SPANISH!!!! Guys I seriously can´t describe how I feel about the Book of Mormon. I know without a doubt that it is true. We are so ridiculously blessed to have it. I have learned so much from reading it and I know that there really is a power in the book. If you're not reading it every day START NOW!!!  

The mission really is amazing. I´ve been so humbled and seen so many miracles and I know I´m right where I need to be right now. Love you all!

Hermana Wittwer 

No comments:

Post a Comment