Thursday, October 20, 2016

Hey there folks!

This week we have been focusing a lot on working with members of the ward and it has paid off a ton. Between us and the Elders in the ward we had together 23 lessons with members which is like a record for me! It is so amazing to see the members working hard to befriend the investigators. We as missionaries can do a lot to help these people but it's the members that really make them progress and stay in the church!

So Friday there was a ward activity and at the end they had a dessert competition. I decided that as part of the ward we needed to make something to put in the competition, so over the course of three days I spent my morning "exercise time" making cupcakes (please don't tell my mission president!). But in the end it turned out good because we won first place in the competition! Hahahaha! They gave us a super official looking certificate and a chocolate bar. Totally worth the effort. 

This Sunday we were sitting in the church waiting for our investigators to come and in walked Andrea and Jonathan and her brother Fernando and THEY WERE ALL IN CHURCH CLOTHES! It was so cute because last week Fernando (who is 12) came and he loved it and he saw all the young me in suits and white shirts, and so during the week he made Andrea take him shopping to find a suit so he could have one too in church. I seriously cannot describe the feeling of seeing the complete family come or of seeing them so happy to be there. I think it was one of the happiest moments of my life to be honest. 

After church we visited them and we talked a lot. They described the happy feelings they had received in church and how they were already seeing differences as a family. Andrea told us that she was so grateful for this chance to have the gospel in her life and how she wished she had grown up in it as a kid. We talked to her and invited her to be baptized the 29 of October and she said "I don't know, what time will it be at? Because I wont have a lot of time at 4:00, but if you guys can do it after then yes!" She is so great and I love her so much. Sometimes you meet people and in 5 minutes you feel like you've known them for your entire life. Thats how I feel about Andrea and her family. There is seriously nothing like being a missionary! 

Love you all!

HermaƱa Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment