Thursday, October 13, 2016

This week has been full of MIRACLES!!

So first off my comp: She is awesome. Tuesday all the trainers and trainees got together and Pres. Harris taught us a little and assigned us our new companions. My new companion is Hermana Pancho. She is from the Philippines (wait what??). She is one of the first people from there to come to Chile so its really cool that I get to train her! Luckily she speaks fluent English so we can communicate good. We have been having a real good time together! I was always afraid to train but turns out it's actually a blast. The only down side is that we have to study 4 hours every morning...

side note: the meeting was in the mission office and I went with hermana Goodman. We were going to take a colectivo (taxi) but then i said "Hey we have time lets just walk!" The only problem was that I had never been there. And she had never been there. But I thought I could find it alright (I temporarily forgot that I have zero sense of direction). The place we wanted to go was about a 20 min walk from where we were. We got there 1 hour and 30 minutes later haha. 

This week we found the most golden investigator ever. We got a call from a member who told us that her daughter in law is waiting for the missionaries and that we need to visit her. So we did. her name is Andrea and she is married to a guy who is inactive. She loves the church though and wants to be part of it. In our first lesson with her we taught about the restoration and set a date for her baptism. And then she came to church the next day!! The only real hard thing is that her Husband also wants to come to church and everything but he only works one day of the week and (thats right, you guessed it) its sunday. But we are going to try to change that and see how we can help him there.

Last week I talked about Helena and her husband Marcelo and son Julio. They are doing great!! Julio is in a rehab center but we are trying to see if we can send missionaries there. Marcelo and Helena both came to church this sunday!!!! it was amazing to see them there. They are both so genuine and so great. They are a little hesitant to accept a baptismal date but I think this week we are going to be able to help them change that. 

Basically I love my sector right now. Baquedano is Zion. We are a branch right now but we are working so hard and I think that by the end of this year we are going to be able to be a ward :)


Love you all!
Hermana Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment