Sunday, October 9, 2016

Well this week has been great! We have taught lots of lessons and found lots of new people, but I want to tell you about one special family.

Monday we got a call from a Member who gave us a reference. The reference's name is Helena. She is in her 50s and is going through cancer and has a son who is addicted to drugs. We visited her and she is amazing. She is super positive and ridiculously receptive to us and has told us that she needs us and wants to have the gospel in her life. After so many half hearted investigators is felt so nice to find someone broken hearted and humble! We talked to her the first day and set a day to some back.
The next visit we arrived to find her son and husband there ready to hear us too. They similarly expressed feelings of need for the gospel in their life. We talked a lot about who God is and that he loves us and we offered Julio (her son) a Priesthood Blessing. He readily accepted and we came back the next morning with the Elders.

Friday morning when we came by to give Julio the blessing he told us that he had been reading in the Book of Mormon. He told us that after talking to us he felt better and that he intended to read the books we had given him. We aren't going to be able to teach him because he is going to a rehab place for a while but he is going to be reading and we are going to send other missionaries to teach him. Meanwhile we will be teaching Helena and her husband.
And this miracle all happened because a member was willing to talk to her friend and then to send us to them. This General Conference many people spoke on missionary work and I want to add my testimony to theirs that Missionary work isn't just for the "missionaries", its for every single member of the church! We cannot work without you guys!

I'm sure every single missionary in the entire world has already said it but GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING. We invited our investigators and members to write questions before the conference and then listen and they would receive answers, then I realized "hey wait, I should do that too". So Sunday morning before the conference I wrote a ton of questions (including some that I didn't think would be answered) and every single one was answered perfectly. I felt the spirit so strongly during this time and I know with absolute certainty that these are men called of God. If any of you weren't able to see any of the sessions Go watch them right now!!!
Also luckily I got to watch the conference in English which was a blessing :)

So we have changes tomorrow. And terrible news. I'M GOING TO TRAIN. Aaaaahhhhhhh! Im super nervous and I feel like I'm still new in the mission, but President thinks that I need to train so thats what I'll do I guess! I don't know who I'm going to be training yet but I'm going to find out tomorrow. Hopefully someone who knows Spanish... Wish me luck!

HermaƱa Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment