Monday, June 26, 2017

Hey everyone! So this week has been super different for me. For almost of all my mission I have been in branches, but here in Rengo is a ward. But not like any ward, I'm talking about one of the biggest and best funcioning wards in the mission. It's awesome! There are a lot of members here and our ward mission leader is working like crazy and has his own whole committee. Its crazy haha. 

My companion is Hermana Gonzalez. She is 23 and from the Dominican Republic but lived in Spain for 5 years before coming to the misson. It's fun because it means I get to learn to talk in 2 different accents from her. She is super fun and energetic so its going to be a good change here with her!

So our investigators: we put a few baptismal dates this week and we have some people who are starting to progress nicely. Here are a few:

Sol: Sol is a kid with 10 years. Normally I don't love teaching kids (sorry) but she is super cool and really intelligent. Her sister was baptized a few years ago but lives in a different city and her mom can't go to church because she has to care for her little brother with disabilities-but the members are helping us with her and taking her to church and everything. She really wants to be baptized and has a date for July 9th.

Alejandra: Alejandra just barely accepted a date for the 29th of July. She is in her 30s and has 4 kids and listened to missionaries a little a few years ago but couldn't progress because she wasnt married. luckily for us, she recently got married and has a lot of desire to listen to us and to follow Jesus Christ. 

Ok actually for a lack of time I'm only going to tell you about those two and I'll write more about the rest later. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Hermaña Wittwer

Oh also funny story this week: turns out that when the other Hermaña left this sector SHE TOLD ALL OF THE MEMBERS THAT I PLAY THE PIANO! Heads up, I totally don't. So every single member has exitedly asked me "Oh are you going to play the piano for us this sunday??" and I have had to say (like 247 times) "No sorry, I don't actually play the piano..." So kids, when you quit piano because you don't want to practice, know that you're going to regret it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment