Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hey everyone! This week has been a good one. 

President and Hermana Warne (my mission president and his wife) are finishing their mission this month so we had a big reunion in Rancagua with our zone for a final goodbye. Our zone wrote a song to sing them at the conference and it was hilarious. I would send it to you guys but 1. its in Spanish and 2. its full of inside jokes so sorry... And yes mom and Dad I did sing at the top of my voice like preschool all over again. 

This Friday we had divisions and I was with Hermana Cook who is a gringa from my district in the CCM. So basically we are both on the same Spanish level which made our lessons fun! We taught two lessons together and although they were definitely a little iffy I think they went pretty well under the circumstances. 

This week we taught Mario (the old investigator from Colombia) and it was super... interesting. He doesn´t really have a religion but he pulls from all of them so he was pulling facts from about every church that has ever existed. We taught him about the plan of salvacion and he had a really hard time accepting that we are still alive after death. After the lesson he very kindly gave us some books from a few other churches and told us we should read them and pray about them. Haha hey thats our job! So we left him with Alma 40 to read and will visit him again this week. 

This Sunday my nightmare came true. My entire mission I have been dreading the day that our President of our branch would ask me to give a talk in church but this Saturday he did. So I spent Sunday morning frantically trying to prepare a talk. I was super nervous and when we got to the church, who decided to come this week? Presidente Warne... Talk about pressure! I think the talk went alright but I can´t remember a single thing I said.  

Funny story-we found some wet cement and stuck our hands in it (which has been my goal my whole mission), but then the next day our hands had been wiped out. Bummer!

Anyways I love you all and am loving the work here! 

Hermana Wittwer 

No comments:

Post a Comment