Monday, January 9, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! This new years was one of the best. Why? Well this story starts about 6 months ago:

When I was in my first sector (Centinela) there was a member named Hermano Kerber who is just the absolute best. He is from the ward Guadalupe but we were best friends. The sister missionaries from Centinela and Guadalupe live together and one of the Hermanas from Guadalupe was going to have a birthday so Hermano Kerber invited us 4 to lunch in his house. But it wasnt just any lunch, it was a special lunch because he asked us all individually what we wanted. He said he would make whatever we wanted. I thought about the most gringa thing I could ask for and decided to ask for a hamburger. So he planned this amazing lunch with my double patty cheese, tomato, grilled onion, and all things good, super amazing hamburger. The day before this lunch we got a call from our Mission President saying we had special changes and that I had to leave. The bottom line is that I didnt get to eat my hamburger, and that some random missionary got to come eat in instead-so for the last 5 months Ive been dreaming of this hamburger.
So this last change when they told me I was going to Guadalupe, the first thing I thought was "my hamburger!!!!" And the first thing Hermano Kerber said to me? "Hey I owe you a hamburger-when can you guys come over?" So for New Years we visited his house and his family and he made us an asado (BBQ) and made me my hamburger. Best dinner of my life. 

Anyways I'M IN GUADALUPE IN SAN FERNANDO NOW!!! And it is so fun. I get to live in my old house with my old compaƱera and see people I know! Also the sector is fantastic and has soooooooooooooooooo much good potential.  My new compaƱera is Hermana Rojas. She is 20 and from Bolivia and she is taller than me!!! Which is new and awesome. I think we are going to get along really well and its going to be a really good change together. 

Im not going to write a lot about the investigators and people here because Im still getting to know them all but expect a good update next week. Hope you all have a good 2017!

Hermana Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment