Friday, December 30, 2016

HEEEEEEEEEEY FELIZ NAVIDAD A TODOS!!!!!! 
Christmas in the mission is a blast. I ate with some members, then visited other members and ate some more, and then visited some other people and ate some more. By the end of the night I wanted to die a little bit, but it was so worth it. And EVERYONE gave us so so soooooooo much meat that for a second I thought I was in Argentina. Afterwards I swore to be a Vegetarian but it only lasted a day. oops. 

So sad news: we had cambios. My compañera will be staying here with Hermana Richards and guess where I will be going? Guadalupe. San Fernando again, whooooooo!! It's going to be a little weird because I just left San Fernando the other day (5 months ago) but also I'm excited for it. I'm going to be an Hermaña lider, which means I will get to do intercambios in my old sector, and I will be living with my old compañera Hna Alvarez, so that's going to be amazing! I'm super sad to be leaving but also excited for whats coming. 

So the worst part about leaving a sector is saying goodbye to everyone. I hate goodbyes. All the investigators told me to call them when we found out if I would leave or not, so I did. And a few of them started crying on the phone... And then Sunday didnt come to church because they said they didnt want to say goodbye to me in front of people. I thought me leaving would make more people come but instead we only had one investigator come, so that didnt work out as I had planned...

Tonight I will be finishing the last of the goodbyes. It's hard because I'm leaving a lot of good people and a lot of good friends (many of which will be baptized in the upcoming weeks) but that's the mission life. I think I have learned more in my 5 months in Baquedano than I learned in my 4 years in highschool. I've learned a lot about the world, a lot about the gospel, but more than anything I've learned a lot about myself. I've realized that I can do things that I never thought I could do before. And I've realized that it really has nothing to do with my personal ability or talents, but everything to do with the other name on my name tag. I know that I'm doing what God wants me to do and that it's through Jesus Christ and his atonement that we have been able to see so many miracles here. And for that I am so grateful. I know this is His work and there is nothing better that I could be doing at this time in my life. 

I love you all and hope you have a great New Years!

Hermaña Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment