Monday, March 14, 2016

A letter for mom...just had to share. Nobody tell her.


Ok mom, so here are your details: the mission is hard. Sometimes I get really discouraged with the language barrier because honestly I can't understand anyone, and I expect way too much of myself- more than I probably should. But every time I get discouraged God provides a way to help me and I go to bed happy every single night. The mission is a rollercoaster, but hey, who doesn't love a good roller coaster right? I have noticed a change in myself. I'm still Kyleigh and still me, but I'm also different. I think I'm becoming a missionary or something. Not in an awkward way, but in a good, I want to share the gospel with everyone and have no shame, kind of way. Mom the gospel really is amazing. It's crazy all the things I took for granted before I came out here! I recognize it more now-  how blessed we are with the knowledge we have, and with everything really.

So my house is pretty nice. It's  an apartment we share with two others hermanas and they are great! Every day we eat a small breakfast and then lunch is at 1:30, and wow its huge!!! It's  hard to eat it all sometimes but you gotta do what you gotta do. God has helped me a lot with the food I think because I can eat almost everything I used to hate, and have even started liking tomatoes! (don't tell dad that though.  I don't want it to go to his head).

There are a lot of stray dogs and it takes a lot of self restraint not to pet them, but I really don't want fleas, so I'm refraining. Hey guess what? I LOVE YOU!!!!! Sorry I'm so bad at words and pictures but I will send some next week for sure.

Anyways, I love you tons and miss you and pray for you and the fam every night! Thanks for all the support you've always given me.   You're really the best!!

Love Hermana Wittwer

No comments:

Post a Comment