Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Last week in the CCM!!


LAST WEEK IN THE CCM YAAAAAAAAY! I´ve got 7 more days here and then I am officially out in the field. I´m definitely not ready for it (in regards to Spanish) but I´m super excited! This week we get to go out on splits with missionaries in the area so that will be a fun practice. My Spanish is definitely a lot better than it was when I got here and, while its still not great, I know that the best way for me to learn will be out in the field so I´m excited for that. Also I´m so excited to finally get to go share the gospel with real investigators!!

 So last Saturday we had a ¨solo Español¨ day where we all only spoke in Spanish from breakfast to dinner. Every time someone said a word in English they got a tally mark and we gave punishments to them that night. Lets just say it was a pretty quiet day for District 7 haha. In one of our lessons that day we were talking to our investigator about his family and he asked my compañera if she had any kids and she she tried to say ¨no but I love my nieces¨and instead of the Spanish word for niece she said ¨novios¨ which means ¨boyfriends¨. We were all laughing so hard at her! 

 Every Sunday we watch devotionals and this week we watched one by Elder Bednar and it was amazing. He talked about how the character of Christ is to turn out in love when others would turn in and it was kind of about being selfless and always caring for others before yourself and it really motivated me to try to be more selfless and to strive harder to serve those around me every day with everything I have because that's exacty what the mission is. It's putting yourself completely aside for a while so that you can serve others in love and help them find joy and peace in this life and even more in the life to come. I know that as I stive to do this God will help me, and with his help there is no way I can fail. Thank you all for your support and your prayers I love you all! 

Love Hermana Wittwer 

No comments:

Post a Comment